Find a Remote Office Center or Coworking Facility Near You
| Remote Office Centers - Secure, reliable, professional
office space in a location near you.
|Advantages over traditional centralized office environments:
- For the employee
- Savings in fuel, automobile depreciation and personal time.
- Shorter commutes result in less stress and more time for you.
- Live where you want - not where it is convenient for your commute.
- For the employer
- Hire from a larger candidate pool. Get the best candidate - not just the candidate that lives near the office.
- More flexibility for adding employees as needed when your company grows.
- Lower cost for office space. Downtown centrally located offices are expensive. Remote suburban locations have lower per/square foot costs and do not require expensive
parking facilities (which can cost as much as $200 - $300 per employee per month.)
|Advantages over traditional telecommuting:
- Professional grade network (including firewalls), phone service and work space.
- Onsite technical support for network issues.
- Professionally managed security system (which may include card scanner systems for logging employee attendance.)
Some ROC providers, such as OfficeScape,
can provide certification of facilities for organizations that have specific security/facility requirements.
- Freedom from distractions around the home. (Many homes do not have private work areas.)
- Separation of work and home so that employees can go to work to start the day, and leave work at the end of the day
when work is done. Structure is important for most people. ROCs provide structure to employees.
- Daily social contact. Many home telecommuters feel isolated working at home. In fact many self employed workers
have started working at Coworking Facilities because of the desire for social contact and a chance to work around other like
|Remote Office Centers or Home Telecommuting? Which is better?
- Are the facilities (ie. office, internet, phone) at home reliable?
- Is the home environment conducive (privacy, distractions, and social issues) to getting work done?
- Are there security, management or support issues with home telecommuting that can be better handled in a remote office environment?
- The Workout Analogy
- The way that people exercise is a good analogy for telecommuting.
Some people are able to effectively maintain a strong exercise routine in their home using home equipment. Others find that
they can only maintain an effective workout when they exercise in a professional gym.
- The issues are only partially based on equipment.
Some people will tell you that they have a hard time maintaining a routine unless they can "go to the gym". It is the same for
teleworkers. Some people need a place to go to focus on work. ROCs can meet the needs for these employees, by providing
professional/secure office space in a location that is close and convenient for employees no matter where they live.
- Working from a remote office is good for the economy, employees, employers, the environment and saves on public infrastructure costs. Remote Office Centers
can make telecommuting a reality for a high percentage of office workers, rather than the small percentage who
currently home telecommute.